Brian, Emily, and I are getting very excited about the HTTC Prelude we’re hosting this coming Sunday, the 26th, from 5:00-7:00PM, so I thought this week’s blog would be the top 10 reasons why I think you all should join us! (And believe me, there are more than 10 reasons...these are just some of the best ones...)
1) Yes, technically, this is a fundraiser. But first and foremost, it’s a party! There’s no admission fee and the primary goal is to reach out to all of you and have fun.
2) The event will take place at Space on White, a beautiful location in Tribeca which is right around corner from Access Theater where Ivanov will be performed
3) There will be free food. I don’t think I need to say anymore.
4) Is it possible to combine all the major Chekhov plays into one cohesive piece? This is your opportunity to find out! A short presentation of The Three Sisters who live in a Cherry Orchard near their friend Vanya: a short play with a brief appearance by a Seagull will feature performances by company members Emily Kitchens, Patricia Lynn, and Brian Keith MacDonald, as well as Reading Salon veterans and Ivanov cast members: Britannie Bond, Timothy J. Cox, Jordan Kaplan, and Kyle Schaefer.
5) You can partake in our raffle for only $2 per ticket. Prizes include a dinner out at Craft restaurant with my family and free tickets to Ivanov, the Goat Prize Basket, Vodka Gummy Bear kits, and more! For the full list of possible prizes, please visit our Prelude page here
6) There will also be Goat Punch. It’s delicious. And chock full of vodka. Just the way Chekhov liked it.
7) The gloriously talented Britannie Bond will be displaying her Ivanov inspired photography show. This lady is going places, believe me. Check out some of her work here
8) Have you ever heard Brian MacDonald play the piano? Because you should. For serious.
9) Again, free food. Free drink. Free fun. (yes, this warrants being mentioned twice)
10) One of our goals at HTTC is to create a community of artists who can break bread and revel in a love for art together. We've already met so many wonderful people, but we'd love to meet even more! So please join us!
Our space is limited so please RSVP at email@example.com so we have an accurate guest list.
We hope to see you on Sunday!